Douglas Nelson is a seasoned financial advisor based in Winnipeg, Canada. He is a Partner, Senior Financial Advisor and Portfolio Risk Manager for clients of Nelson Financial Consultants. Nelson Financial Consultants was founded in 1966 when Vernon, Doug's father, began his career in the Financial Services Industry. Doug joined the firm in 1992. Nelson Financial is a financial services boutique providing a greater depth of services for a smaller group of clients. Our typical clients include entrepreneurs, family businesses, executives, professionals and their family's.
- Bachelor of Commerce (honors.), University of Manitoba I.H. Asper School of Business (1990)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) (1998)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) (1999)
- Master Financial Advisor (MFA) (2007)
- Canadian Investment Manager (CIM) (2008)
- Life Insurance, Disability and Health Insurance License (Manitoba, Alberta, BC).
- Member: Financial Planning Standards Council. Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
- Portfolio Manager. R.N. Croft Financial Group. Discretionary Portfolio Manager License.
- Master Your Retirement: How to fulfill your dreams with peace of mind. First Edition: 2009. Second Edition: 2012.
- Advanced Financial Planning Courses, published by The Knowledge Bureau.
- Author: Advising Family Businesses.
- Author: The Portfolio Risk Manager.
- Co-Author: The Elements of Real Wealth Management.
- Co-Author: Portfolio Construction for Real Wealth Management.
- Co-Author: Financial Literacy: The Relationship Between Risk & Return.
- Co-Author: Tax-Efficient Retirement Income Planning.
- Business News Network (BNN): Money Talk Interview, July 20, 2009.
- Publications: Doug has been quoted numerous times and has had articles published in the following publications: The Winnipeg Free Press. Advisors Edge Magazine. The Insurance Journal. The Cottager Magazine. The Knowledge Bureau Report.
- The FundLibrary.
- The Financial Post.